Monday, October 27, 2008

The Essence of Maximizing

Since the Big R (refer to my previous posts), I've felt that I needed to make the most out of everything at minimum (or at least, not-so-expensive) cost before I get a new job. Being in this state allows me a few weeks (lang, I hope) of financial freedom and extra time to do what I have to do. Admittedly, having a job with a normal schedule has its financial drawbacks. So, when I decided to rent a car for a trip to Pampanga last Sunday for Php 2500 (for 24 hours, not including gas), with an alloted budget of Php 1000 for gas, I was determined to squeeze that 2500 for what it's worth and reach as many destinations as possible. I spent most of the day driving. :)

My commitment was to attend my inaanak Chloe's binyag at Pampanga. I forced my sister to come too because she was expected, so she brought a friend, C. LG joined me at the front seat and provided entertainment. :) Singing, dancing, kuliting, kwentuhing. You name it, she brought it. Oh, and yes, she brought retro music, both English and Tagalog. LOL.

No, we didn't get lost. Almost lang, but it was the map's fault. We halted at the first market at Calumpit (but it's not even Apalit yet! Maybe the house/church is at the border of Apalit and Calumpit! lol) because one of the landmarks was also near the market (no Jollibee, no Chowking, yes market, yes Mercury! 2 out of 4! Poidi na!). But anyway, we chose to move forward and found the market, Jollibee, Chowking, Mercury and then the church a few minutes after.

What was funny was that there was still a wedding ceremony going on when we arrived at the Church. We started to wonder if we were at the right church. hehehe. Thankfully the malabad arrived with the little malabad and the houseband, so we were able to proceed to the front of the church right up to the altar while the newly weds were still having their pictures taken behind us. It was a special binyag, while lasted no more than 15 minutes! Boy, was it hot inside! Thank goodness everything happened so fast! Hahaha! We went to the house with the big black gate for the reception. It was nice. like a reunion of sorts with VM and AV. It was hot pa din but since there were huge trees around the house, we had lots of shade and a little breeze now and then that cooled us a bit. The food was yummy, Chloe was cute, Malabad was harassed and Tenten was there! Hahaha! :) Unfortunately, the other gang (DM et. al.) wasn't able to join us/arrive earlier due to another party that they went to. Hay.

We left after a few hours with tons of pictures to remember the day by, and we were on our way home by 2:30pm. Sayang yung car! So we decided to go to Tagaytay for dinner. :) We ate at Leslie's, and it was COLD! Shempre. Tagaytay. Duh.

More pictures, more laughs, more music (Motown on the way home) with great friends and family. It was a GREAT day. :)

Now that's maximizing.

1 comment:

LingBling said...

fine! that was QT to the max na.

i luuuurv the pics, will steal them for my own entry.

but i think i am balistad, wearing the sleeved blouse when it was hot, and took it off in Tagay-tagay. i'm acclimating gani!