Monday, October 20, 2008

QT with Z

And so it was the Sunday after all the stresses from last week. My sister had a badminton date with her HS friends, our myla was on her day-off, and I had nothing to do. Then I remembered that I had set a QT with Z. Hah! Lunch at my house.

I originally planned to cook my Oriental Pork dish, but I did not have even just a tiny piece of ginger - a crucial element to pick up the flavor of the dish. Time to move to plan B. I started prepping for my pan-cooked barbecue.

I put in a lot of water so that I'd have enough time to take a bath, come out and still find some sauce simmering in the pan. However, I didn't anticipate how long I'd take in the loo, so when I came out, all the sauce was dried out. Not to fret! The dish became pork tapa. :) Perfect with a dipping sauce of vinegar, salt and black pepper. Yum!

Lunch conversation was mostly dominated by me and my stories of retrenchment. I even cried a bit while decribing my long talk with Ma'am; I think it was also my way of processing things, since I tried my damnedest to act cool about the entire thing and I wasn't really able to put my emotions out there. Anyhoo, after that he shared about his dilemma about love, and it was hard trying to relate because his situation is unique. So I wasn't really much help to him at all! I was just asking him questions that he had probably asked himself millions of times before this lunch date. Hmm. I just hope I made a bit of sense with my questions and all. Convo continued til I finished washing the dishes.

DVD time! We watched Mamma Mia, which was, as my sister said, a flirty movie (it would be too unwholesome to use the exact tagalog words). Nevertheless, it was a fun movie, and musicals are my thing so I enjoyed that movie. Our next one was a tagalog movie, which was A Very Special Love. Yes! I confess...I watch John Lloyd movies! I don't really find him hot but he's interesting to watch. :) So there. I was nakilig with the movie (as usual), and Z was affected. Hay.

It's these kinds of QT that make me glad to have friends like Z. I mean I was in my houseclothes, with unkempt hair, unpolished nails and oily face, but I didn't really care. I never had to impress Z at all, and I had always known that with him, I will not be judged. :)

'Til our next QT, Z! *hugs*

1 comment:

LingBling said...

why you not invite me over for QT? :(