Friday, October 31, 2008

Tuesday Errands and Our Adieu to PN

Since my car is coded during Mondays, I usually go out and run my errands from Tuesdays onward. Also, this Tuesday was the scheduled farewell party for the lcpi magnate, PN. So earlier this week, before attending the party, I ran a few errands in ParaƱaque and in Makati.

I started with the bank where I took our monthly SSS pension in order to pay for a loan that I have to pay for one more year. Initially, I wanted to go to the other bank and pay my monthly churvy already, but time was already running out before the big party. I had a *crisis* to attend to at home which delayed my time of departure (flight? :p). So I went straight to Meralco and paid a lofty sum of 5,000php. We blame it on our old AC unit. Hmp. Tis my most dreaded bill. *sigh*

After that, I had to go to Glorietta Digital Exchange to get my phone fixed at Nokia Care. Yes, my phone got busted two nights prior to the binyag at Pampanga. One minute I was texting, then before I knew it the screen went BLACK. I did the tried and tested quick fix of shaking the damn thing to get it working, but all I got was an inverted screen. So I went to Nokia Care since my phone was still under warranty (a 5610. I got it June of this year), hoping that they could still fix it. I was so thankful that they noticed my broken slider, so they included it under the list of the "things that must be fixed." I was asked to come back for it after one day, so I left it and went to the office for the cry-fest.

The party, as usual, started with people getting as much food as they can on their paper plates (believe me, I've seen about 2 kilos worth of food loaded into a single plate in that office) so that they can watch the program prepared by HR (just them, me not included) undisturbed. The program started with a song-prayer (Lead Me Lord by Gary V.) complete with a beautiful AVP (prepared by AJ) which had people getting emotional. mmm. After that, my boss awkwardly started the program saying that she had no specific program flow in mind but just wanted everyone to say something about PN.


There were some who gave short and sweet messages, others who practically relayed their whole history with the company just rambling and rambling and then finally ending by expressing thanks to PN, and a select few who gave heartfelt words which left almost everyone, even me, misty-eyed. A huge caricature of the big man was presented, which most people signed; it was to serve as a remembrance of his 11 (?) years stay in the Philippines. The girl who is probably one of the most tenured employees and was part of the R casualty, presented the gift. After that, AJ presented another AVP for the peeps who were axed. It was very beautiful, even with a corny (sorry AJ) background song (Farewell by Raymund Lauchengco) usually used during high school graduations. I was particularly thankful that she tried to make me look thinner in my pictures, and even photoshop-ed the marks on my face. LOL. I'm glad that I went, even with all the drama and the crying.

After all, I got to take home a bottle of mudshake and a glass of frozen margarita. =)

All in all, it was a productive day. =)

No comments: