Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Knowing

And so this is it. It's like finally closing a chapter on a never ending love story. When hope can finally leave and rest its weary head to get ready for a fresh and brand new start.

I try to imagine you being more...stable...mellow...sedated? And I couldn't.

I knew you when you were more free and unspoiled by reality. I knew you when you weren't imprisoned by 'what had to be', and only had 'what could be' to strive for.

I knew you when you were mine and I was yours and we couldn't wait for our lives to start. I knew you when 'only divine intervention can quell your personality.' Has it? I think, maybe.

I knew you when we tried, but weren't able to, because there was just too much to deal with, too much intensity, too much expectations.

I thought I knew you, but you moved on, and I was stuck, even if later I moved on, I still sent up our hopes and dreams to the heavens looking for even just a half chance. Maybe, there were chances sent, but life rushed us through to this point where there might be no turning back.

I knew you when you were just a boy, and I was just a girl. And that is something that time took away.

In my head, you are still a boy, so now I know that time has cheated me.

1 comment:

LingBling said...

which boy?

so sad mah! but so nice! *tear*