Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Job Hunting Updates

A lot has happened since my last post, especially with my efforts at finding a new job. So here's a quick rundown of what has happened in the last week (or so).

Learning About the Job Opening-
On the day that I learned that I was going to lose my job, a very good friend of mine, S, told me about a job opening at Tt in Laguna and asked if I was interested. Now, I have never closed my door at the possibility of going back, so I said yes. The following day, I forwarded my resume, went through the company's job portal, and waited. Two weeks ago, I received a call that I need to go to Laguna for testing and an interview.

The Process-
On my first visit, I was glad that one of my former team mates was at the site teaching a class. I brought the entire household with me in case I'd have any problems getting there or in case the car broke down, I'd have an extra hand. As usual, the process started late because the person that I was supposed to see was in a meeting, and upon learning that I was already there, I was informed that I would still have to go through the standard tests before getting interviewed. I finished the tests in under an hour, had lunch, and went back for my interview. I found the behavioral part of the interview difficult, as I had to struggle to recall my Tt experience since my previous job didn't provide the necessary experiences for me to answer the questions. =( Going home was difficult; there was a storm, so straffic was bad. This is aside from the fact that there's a lot of roadwork on SLEX. Hay.

Two days after my initial interview, I received a call that I will have my final interview with BB. The interview went well, I think. But the funny thing was that the interviewer used the same set of questions that HR used during my initial interview. When that was done, I was again called back to Laguna to be endorsed for a medical exam. I went with LG this time, who kept me entertained (love you mah =)) while waiting for an HR person to endorse me to the medical clinic. It took almost 2 hours of waiting before we finally got the endorsement. Why did we wait for 2 hours? The girl at the reception PINGED my contact person that I was already there, and the contact person did not SEE the IM message. Galing diba? When we finally got to the clinic, I was asked for a photo. But, but...I wasn't told that I had to bring a photo! I was ready to go home by then, after the long wait at the office, but thankfully, there was a rush ID shop right across the street. The whole thing took almost an hour, and I swear, I hate pre-employment medical exams, what with the having to pee in a cup and a bottle, the pricking of my fingers for blood, having to be prodded by complete strangers, even if they're medical professionals! Hmp. At least this time, we got home faster than we did on our last trip.

Finally, I was set for another interview, this time with M, who was very friendly and gracious all throughout the interview. She was able to provide me with more information than BB did, and at the end of the interview, I didn't have much to ask.

So now, I'm just waiting for any news. But honestly, I don't think I want to hear good news. Maybe there's something better out there for me. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Truer words have never been said.