Thursday, October 16, 2008

It is Unofficial - No Work on Monday

I went on half-day at work earlier, so I arrived at around 2pm. Upon entering the office, I notice the deathly silence in the halls. When I got to my seat, everyone was weirdly quiet as well. Later on I learned that they were already starting to chuck people.

VG was extra harassed today, and looked a bit sad. I wondered and asked if she was alright. She said that she was tired, because of course all of the paperwork went through her since she was the supervisor of our department. So I told her, why don't you give it to me already so that you'll have one less problem. She just stared at me and I knew it instantly.

VG: Kinausap ka na ba ni Ma'am?
VR: Hindi pa. Kasama ako, no?
VG: (nods)

So I hugged her and tried not to be emotional. I was there for 6 months after all.

I went back to my seat, and started texting people about the news. It was kind of a relief because the waiting, the hardest part, was over, but I was also a bit worried about the loss of my source of income. I was kinda sad too. =(

I'm just waiting for the papers to be served. But definitely, by Monday, I will no longer have a job.

No comments: