Friday, August 1, 2008

Lonely Lunches

I am turning 2 months in this company tomorrow, and yet I could count using my fingers the number of times that I have eaten with my officemates in the pantry. I have grown accustomed to eating alone. My former colleagues from TeleTech, from Sykes, and from PBSP know that I have never been like this, that I would have been uncomfortable having a meal alone. A few reasons have come to mind as to why I prefer having my meals at my station.

1. Our pantry is cramped as an a**hole. Of course the pantry at the 23rd floor in RS Bldg. is much smaller, but the difference is that in my work now, people have the same lunch hour. As a result of this, the pantry is too noisy for my stomach to digest easily.

2. I've come to like the silence at my work area during lunch hour. Don't I get sleepy? Not during lunch! I find that ever since I started working here, my mind (or my soul) started craving for quiet time. Nope, not a lot is going on up here (points to head) for me to want that; in fact, I'm quiet most of the day, which again is pretty unusual for me.

No comments: